Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wordplay. So much fun.

When I was younger, I used to like to watch this cartoon called Science Court. Eventually they changed the name to Squigglevision and had random characters host the cartoon, like radio shows host music. If you saw it, you know what I mean. If not, the important thing is that these new characters would introduce new vocabulary words to the audience. Then some booming voice would tell us to LOOK IT UP. USE IT. WEAR IT OUT. Words to live by, if you enjoy reading as much as I do.

So, one of my friends posted something interesting on facebook. I read it and thought, "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED." Thus, this.



I don't know that interspersing "now" with obsolete words makes them sound current, but if it does- comeback achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment