Sunday, August 29, 2010

Why my hallway was the place to be this summer.

This summer I learned that mud in pipes can cause backup and overflow, resulting in puddles spilling out the vent if you try to run the air conditioner. So while waiting for someone to come diagnose this problem and get the ac running again, my choices were to languish in the heat and be a sweaty mess, or chill out in the hallway. Considering it's such a narrow passage where not much ever happens, I never figured conditions could be so varied that I could give a weather report on them. Yet the humidity, wind speed, and a thermometer were enough to keep me entertained. I'm not sure if the heat momentarily boiled my brains or if I'm just way too easily amused, but either way- fun times.

School starts tomorrow! I love it. Not the overpriced, overcrowded school with all kinds of hoops to jump through, but the learning experience and diversity of people and big ol' library are a joy to be around. Also, returning to that hub of activity is like busting out of solitary confinement, and as a social creature, I can't help but be psyched.

No comments:

Post a Comment